Western U Plaza and Flats is the result of a successful partnering between Sand Companies and the Aurora/St. Anthony Neighborhood Development Corporation.
For the last 35 years, the vision at Aurora/St. Anthony Neighborhood Development Corporation has been to improve the social and economic well-being of the communities we serve and their mission is to foster positive relationships within and between the communities we serve and to support our members in effecting the quality of life in their communities. The partnership with Sand Companies has allowed the ASANDC to develop a vibrant community of afforable homes and retail space to create a thriving neighborhood.
These are just a few of ASANDC’s accomplishments in the community:
Visit their website to learn more about the Aurora/St. Anthony Neighborhood Development Corporation and learn how you can get involved in the community.
- 300 affordable homes created both rental and ownership
- Over 18,000 square feet of commercial space created
- 680 entrepreneurs trained
- 100 resident leaders graduated from Power of One Plus One program
- 350 youth have graduated from our Youth Count leadership and healthy living programs
- 100 residents engaged through Frogtown-Rondo Acton Network (FRAN)
- Thousands of residents engaged in crime prevention activities
- $70 million secured for affordable housing and $5.5 million for affordable commercial space on the Green Line, assisted 500 businesses in staying open through project construction